- In a 1/2-quart container or large bowl, add the honey and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, bring tea leaves and 150 grams water just to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into the honey-salt mixture.
- Repeat the steeping process two more times.
- Stir to combine. Let cool, then refrigerate for up to a week.
- To make one latte: Combine 30 grams (about 2 tablespoons) Sweetened Hojicha and 125 grams (about 1/2 cup) whole milk (Konbi uses Organic Clover Milk or Barista Strauss)
- Using the steam wand on an espresso machine, steam together to a cappuccino-esque temperature and texture (roughly 130°F). Or whisk together in a medium saucepan over medium heat until warmed, then blend with an immersion blender until frothy.
Thanks to Akira Akuto at Konbi